Trust-IT has many years of experience in connecting stakeholder communities across Europe and worldwide. Our Networked Communities are key to connecting researchers to boost data sharing across different disciplines and geographical boundaries, raising awareness and driving the adoption of enabling technologies like data infrastructures and e-infrastructures. We currently support iMarine and iCORDI.
iMarine, Data e-Infrastructure for Fisheries Management and Conservation of Marine Living Resources
Trust-IT Services is part of the iMarine international partnership driving an innovative approach to data and knowledge sharing underpinned by an e-infrastructure for marine and biodiversity specialist communities and policy decision making. The ultimate goal is to ensure the sustainable management of fisheries by fostering an ecosystem approach.
Trust-IT plays a central role in promoting the goals and achievements of iMarine:
- Brand concept and web design as a multichannel platform integrating copywriting and multimedia content, community-based social networks, the iMarine Scientific Gateway and eTraining environment.
- Trust-IT leads the development of iMarine web and mobile apps, such as AppliFish, leveraging data integrated by iMarine partners.
- Broadcasting the benefits of iMarine, technology advances and value of its Community of Practice to collectively share data and knowledge using advanced technologies - iMarine & the Media.
- Trust-IT has contributed to ensuring the official acknowledgement of iMarine’s societal importance by the European Commission: iMarine Success Story 2013.
iCORDI - International Collaboration on Research Data Infrastructure
Trust-IT is part of iCORDI initiative, a premium global forum driving convergence between emerging global data infrastructures. iCORDI acts as a coordination platform aimed at improving the interoperability of scientific data infrastructures supporting researchers from different disciplines and locations around the world, now and in the future.
The role of Trust-IT is to support and promote the strategic objectives of iCORDI in Europe and globally.
- Brand concept and web design as a multichannel platform integrating copywriting and multimedia content, community-based social networks, forums led by world-renown experts (high-level strategic forum) and global initiatives led by data scientists from many different fields.
- Broadcasting the benefits of iCORDI, its strategic goals in the international landscape and user community prototypes (data-intensive astronomy, earth sciences, chemical safety, open data and interoperability).
- Trust-IT played a key support role in the launch of the Research Data Alliance, an international initiative that puts the scientists in the driver seat in an attempt to boost data sharing across disciplines and geographical boundaries by promoting standards and interoperability.
iCORDI builds on Trust-IT expertise gained in earlier initiatives
: GRL2020, GRDI2020 and DL.org. Trust-IT played a key role in supporting world renowned experts and producing special reports that define priorities for the future development of research libraries, global research data infrastructures and digital libraries.
"I personally appreciate Trust-IT's skills at proposing innovative solutions with true professionalism, initiating and bringing value-add to cooperation between scientists and stakeholder communities. iMarine is an excellent example of this".
Donatella Castelli, Senior Researcher, National Research Council of Italy