5G-ENSURE successfully raised awareness of 5G security in many critical usage areas, devising and proposing viable solutions to tackle these issues. Besides the holistic 5G Trust Model based on critical 5G use cases from industry partners, 5G-ENSURE developed a core set of security and privacy enablers to meet the use case requirements. 5G-ENSURE was also a key contributor to 5G security standardisation with inputs to major standards organisations such as 3GPP and ETSI CYBER, working closely with NIST and contributing to the ITU’s Study Group on Security.
All major results fed into market-driven exploitation strategies and innovative business models targeting all potential stakeholders in future 5G value chains, well beyond traditional stakeholders from the telecommunication industry.
5G-ENSURE received extensive news coverage, including Forbes, WIRED and Sky News.
5G-ENSURE was cited as one of the top references for 5G security in the world by the Global Suppliers Association as recently as February 2019.
• Devising and leading the strategy for effective communications, dissemination and stakeholder engagement, from web to social media and professional networks that are still actively running.
• Producing compelling content with insights on 5G security, helping to build awareness and ease stakeholder engagement.
• Creating highly appealing graphic designs, including the acclaimed white paper of the Security Working Group (chaired by 5G-ENSURE).
• Contributing to the analysis of 5G security standardisation, supporting design of open public consultations and serving on programme committees for international workshops, e.g. during ETSI Security Week.
• Coordinating the exploitation strategies combining market and technology readiness levels for a novel, highly focused market-facing approach.
• Conducting in-depth market and policy analyses underpinning exploitation and innovative business models.