Within SNS-ICE, Trust-IT will be supporting EU research in transferring 6G technologies into relevant standards-setting organisations, building on its role in the 6G-IA Pre-Standardization WG and links with the ETSI research support programme and other relevant SDOs. Trust-IT contributes to assessing and engaging with industry verticals, building on its leadership of the 5G User Event series, successful cooperation with related associations and networked community of verticals, telecom, and SME stakeholders in the EU and globally. With its participation in cybersecurity projects and as a member of ECSO and contributor to WGs on SMEs and critical infrastructures, it will also support related activities within this CSA.
Trust-IT leads two tasks specifically T3.2 “Placing SNS in relation with verticals’ roadmaps” and T4.3 “Exploitation”. It will also contribute to several tasks including:
- Task 1.1: Establish global dialogues and monitor trends
- Task 1.2: Placing SNS at a global Roadmap
- Task 1.3: Organize international workshops and events
- Task 2.2: Placing SNS at an EU roadmap
- Task 2.3: European 6G workshops and events
- Task 3.1: Establish links with verticals and monitor trends
- Task 3.3: 6G Workshops with verticals
- Task 4.1: Dissemination and Communication
- Task 4.2: Strategic Promotion Programme
- Constituency building by fostering dialogues in Europe across the ecosystem of telecom industry, verticals (e.g., 5GAA, 5G-ACIA, etc) and supply chains, related associations, and initiatives at multiple levels.
- Starting dialogues with national programmes in Europe, EUREKA clusters, Peer Partnerships and Associations to pinpoint and collaborate on common priority areas across complementary technologies.
- Identification of synergies with SNS-related activities in other Joint Undertakings and Partnerships in the Horizon Europe context, other European, national, and international research initiatives.
- Coordinated and supported road-mapping activities in collaboration with the SNS operational CSA project, towards the definition of future research and innovation actions in 6G areas.
- Growth of active engagement of vertical sectors, targeting their digitalisation, pinpointing specific challenges around standards-compliant market rollouts, and aiming to stimulate viable business models and partnerships at early stages.
- Cooperation with European and international partners to give access to global activities in relation to 6G smart networks and services and the identification of specific local use cases, which are not usual in Europe.
- Active participation at global level, helping to enable technological interoperability and reach consensus on key trends. This will take place by reinforcing already established agreements with other regions and countries in 5G PPP (e.g., USA, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, China, India, Taiwan, etc.) for 6G.
- Systematic monitoring and analysis of SNS-developed 6G visions, key achievements, 6G network KPIs, and evaluation of the acceptance of SNS results on a global level.
- Global consensus-building activities on 6G KPIs and indicators based on European KPIs for new technologies and architectures across the value chain for differentiated performance requirements.
The main results, once delivered, will include:
- Constituency building in Europe and establishment of dialogues, stakeholder support, support to key European cooperation events, dissemination, definition of future R&I actions.
- Established dialogues with peer Partnerships, e.g., HPC, KDT/Chips JU, AI, Data and Robotics, Photonics Europe and associations, e.g., 5GAA, 5G-ACIA, ECH Alliance, ERTICO-ITS Europe, ECSO and organization of dedicated workshops to ensure relevance and synergies in both directions.
- Increased engagement of diverse vertical sectors to better integrate their individual requirements
- Establishment of a continuous dialogue among the key actors in Horizon Europe programme and those in the other regions programmes to reinforce collaboration and increase synergies.
- Creation of a global 6G ecosystem engaging relevant initiatives and key actors from the EU and other regions/countries, collaborating on the evolution of 6G and reinforcing already established agreements with other regions towards the development of 6G synergies with other countries and regions
- Preparation of interoperability between Europe and the rest of the world.
- Identification of specific local use cases not usual in Europe that could have an impact on the network, including developing countries.
- A mapping of the European 6G KPI to the 6G indicators of the other global regions and global consensus building on 6G KPIs and indicators based on European KPIs
Follow the activities of the SNS JU. Visit smart-networks.europa.eu and follow its social channels:
Onboarding your target communities to ensure uptake of research solutions requires a structured approach, deep analytical skills and the design and implementation of communication and engagement plans made up of a mix of techniques and tools.
If you need to identify and build the perfect audience for your research activity and boost your community, contact us, we’ll be happy to help.
Contact us today!