Training the European workforce of tomorrow: cyber ranges in practice is a webinar organised under the Horizon Results Booster (HRB), where Trust-IT Services is one of the organisations tasked by the European Commission to support dissemination activities.
The webinar will be held online on 17.05.2022 from 10:00 CEST and is jointly organised by EU-funded projects CONCORDIA, SPIDER, and FORESIGHT with the participation of ECSO who will be moderating the event.
Each project will be presenting current progress, best practices, and technical insights together with a practical demonstration of the respective cyber ranges as virtual training environments and how they can be used to simulate cyber incidents and attacks so IT professionals can hone their skills and prepare for real-world circumstances.
Finally, a panel discussion will look at how Europe is bringing together different initiatives with the aim of tackling the cybersecurity skills gap and how R&I projects can play an active role in producing practical tools and services to address it quickly and comprehensively.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2AdCroscSwmo8sQ0J4RDxw
Given that cybersecurity is not just an IT issue, the event will cater to both IT specialists and a wider audience including employees from all departments and at all levels of seniority.
Duration (min) Topic and Speaker
- 10:00 - 10:05 • Introduction and framework overview | Csaba Virag, Chair of Cyber Range Focus Group, ECSO
- 10:05 - 10:20 • ECSO WG5 and Cyber Range Focus Group activities | Csaba Virag, Chair of Cyber Range Focus Group, ECSO
- 10:20 - 10:40 • CONCORDIA Project: Development of open a cybersecurity training and exercise | Jakub Čegan, Masaryk University
The talk will demonstrate how to develop cybersecurity training and exercise. There are three key components needed: (1) The platform, (2) the basic building blocks, and (3) the know-how. The first two are freely available. We can't easily give you the last one, but we can show you hints and tips during this talk. We also will show several success stories of exercises and training at the KYPO Cyber Range Platform.
- 10:40 - 11:00 • Introducing a novel 5G specific Cyber Range: The case of SPIDER project | Panagiotis Gouvas, UBITECH
The presentation focuses on the main features of the SPIDER 5G CyberRange-as-a-Service solution, which includes advanced simulation and emulation tools and novel training methods towards active learning, aiming to assist security professionals of various levels to enhance their skills, being trained under realistic conditions.
- 11:00 - 11:20 • FORESIGHT Project: Development of federated cyber range platform and innovative training curricula | Nicholas Kolokotronis, University of the Peloponnese
This talk will provide a brief overview of the current advances in the FORESIGHT project, final architecture and federation concept, functionalities and novel services, automation and integration with external platforms, as well as, training curricula and certification.
- 11:20 - 11:50 • Panel and Q&A | All Speakers
- 11:50 - 12:00 • End of Webinar
Trust-IT is supporting the event organisation, the promotional campaigns, and outreach including the following activities
• Agenda design & logistics.
• Promotional campaign design.
• Messaging and recruiting speakers and participants.
• Tangible event outputs, (i.e.: post-event reports, interviews).
If you are looking for a communications partner that will help you reach out to wider audiences for your events and webinars, get in touch with us.
Let's have a chat!