Research Data Infrastructures
Data research Infrastructure
Creating bridges to allow open, intelligent access to interopable data
Leveraging its vast network in the research and innovation field, and experience in the standards, policy, market engagement, and political aspects of technological implementation, Trust-IT coordinates or is involved in a series of research data infrastructure initiatives. For several initiatives, Trust-IT provides coordination, technical experience, communications, outreach, training, sustainability studies and digital strategies leadership to achieve their overall goals.
The Trust-IT technical solutions are currently powering the digital processes at the basis of the open calls & cascading grants of international initiatives such as StandICT.eu (www.standict.eu) and the RDA Europe 4.0 (www.rd-alliance.org).
Trust-IT has also been a consistent partner of EUDAT, one of the first service providers of EOSC, since its funding as a project towards its sustainable position today to which Trust-IT is a member. Trust-IT has carried out web platform, branding & communications for EUDAT CDI, EMODnet and EPOS where we were directly involved with the establishment and support of different research data infrastructures in Europe that empower European researchers.
Additionally, through its work in EMODnet, iMarine, and BlueBRIDGE, Trust-IT has empowered European marine research through its experience in Cloud. Trust-IT has been involved in strengthening European and Brazilian ICT cooperation through cloud projects such as ATMOSPHERE, EUBra-BIGSEA, EUBrasilOpenBio, EU Brazil Cloud Connect and EUBrasilCloudForum.
It works with e-infrastructure providers and data practitioners worldwide to support the provision of national, pan-European and global e-infrastructures. Trust-IT’s expertise in this field goes back to its involvement in the EGEE project, right up to today’s activities with EUDAT CDI, to which Trust-IT is a member, iMarine and the Research Data Alliance Europe, which it currently coordinates.
- Developed the web presence and enabled the technical monitoring activities of EMODnet as part of its secretariat
- Custom-designed & implemented the RDA global web platform
- Supported the EUDAT towards sustainability from its foundation as a funded EU project with Trust-IT as its communication, dissemination and marketing arm
- Supported the European initiatives around Blue Growth through the successful management of the communication, outreach and training activities for iMarine and BlueBRIDGE initiatives
- Developed the new European Flood Awareness System (EFAS-IS) portal for ECMWF and the first operational European system monitoring and forecasting floods across Europe (with interactive maps and a new notification system)
- Currently a recognised player in implementing ICT innovations necessary for the development of a Digital Single Market in Europe